[MY] Grab CNY 2019 Promo - RM0.88 Prosperity Pack buys you a RM3 Grab Voucher + more
Deal Rating: 6/10 - Relatively easy to use, but a pretty small discount - unless you can actually maximise it by realistically using all the vouchers..!
I'm in Malaysia at the moment. I opened up my Grab app earlier today and noticed "Chinese New Year Specials". I see a RM0.88 Prosperity Pack. "Discounts up to RM100", they say. Typical marketing talk, I say. "Tell me more", I tap.
Shopee, Baskin Robbins, Hermo - ok, not that interesting to me. "RM3 OFF x 1 ride" - ok, I'm interested.
Basically, pay RM0.88 to get a RM3 Grab Voucher. RM2.22 saving. This is the focus of this post, because you actually get a whole bunch of coupons, but I'd imagine for most people, the Grab voucher would be the easiest one to use without changing your behaviour (which is the best way to save money).
The main conditions are:
- Valid until 15 Mar 2019
- Not valid with other promos
- Only valid with GrabPay Credit payments (so you'll probably have to top up your GrabPay account with money to be able to use this)
- Not applicable on advanced bookings
The other vouchers included as part of this Prosperity pack are:
- RM8 voucher at The Alley (Milk Tea!) - min spend RM18
- RM8 voucher at Baskin Robbins - min spend RM31
- RM8 voucher at Dave's Deli - min spend RM30
- RM5 voucher at Hermo - min spend RM80 excluding shipping
- RM6 voucher at Shopee - min spend RM50 excluding shipping
- RM8 voucher at Teochew Chendul - min spend RM18 (this is a reasonably priced place - I could probably use this!)
- [Petaling Jaya, SS2 specifically] RM8 voucher at Durian SS2 - min spend RM18 - specifically for "Mandarin oranges", valid until 3 Mar
- RM5 voucher at McDonald's for the McD Prosperity Meal via GrabFood - min spend RM20, valid until 19 Feb
- 8x free GrabFood deliveries - min spend RM25
- RM8 voucher off Yee Sang & Delivery at participating restaurants via GrabFood - min spend RM40
All have an expiry of 15 Mar 2019, except where specified otherwise. I took this information straight from the vouchers in the Grab app, so in case of any discrepancies, please refer to the expiry date as per the app.
It's a pretty easy/straightforward deal for the RM3 Grab voucher alone, and I'm glad it doesn't exclude trips to/from the airport (I hope I haven't just given Grab ideas...), as that makes it a lot more useful.
Questions, comments, suggestions? Comment below.