Singtel Dash - Get $5 Singtel Dash Credit after First Dash Transaction
Singtel Dash - Get $5 Singtel Dash Credit after First Dash Transaction (until 31 March 2019)
- 10 February 2019 - Expiry once again extended, this time to 31 March 2019. Always check the Singtel Dash Deals page to check the latest expiry date of this promotion.
- 4 November 2018 - the expiry of the $5 off first transaction has been extended until 30 November. I have a feeling this may be extended again and I'll update this as soon as I become aware of this.
Disclaimer: This post contains a referral code. For each person that uses my referral code, I will receive $5 Singtel Dash credit. Use of my referral code is the same for you as the user - you will get $5 off your first transaction regardless. Referral Link, or promo code: DASH-T60GO
Welcome to my first deal (aka. "lobang") post for the Singaporean community. To cut this short for any Australian readers who may still be following, this deal cannot be used by Australians. However, if any of you know anyone who lives in Singapore, you could give them a nudge to take advantage of this deal!
As I posted recently, I've recently relocated and I now live in Singapore. As a result, I'm going to be, for the most part, adjusting my content such that I am now posting content more relevant to my local market. Not that I'm no longer interested in Australia - it's just a little harder to be posting content for Australia whilst I no longer live there!
Singtel Dash. When I first saw the name, I thought it was only for Singtel customers, so I ignored it. Not long afterwards, I drew on my experience from my time scouring deals in Australia, and recalled that often times, deals with "branding" are not specific to customers of the company.
This was exactly the case with Singtel Dash. I ignored it for a few days, then noticed it was quite widespread around Singapore, and decided to look into it, thinking there was a chance it was not limited to Singtel customers (given how widespread it was!). I was correct.
Some of the popular places that accept Singtel Dash:
- Taxis (and supposedly avoid admin fees!)
- Koi (Milk Tea!)
In dot point form, my summary of Singtel Dash would be as follows:
- Top up an account with money
- Pay with the money from the account at merchants that accept Singtel Dash by scanning a QR Code or entering a "merchant code"
- Get some discounts/benefits, such as 1 hour free parking, $1 snacks and more on Shopee, 30% cashback on Deliveroo orders, 5% cashback from Qoo10, $1 cashback from Ryde
- Until 30 November 2018, get $5 credit for your first transaction through Singtel Dash
- Dash is only available to Singaporeans, or those with a FIN (Foreign Identification Number - i.e. foreign workers), but not to tourists
- Top ups using Credit Card through the app must be made using a Singaporean-issued Credit Card - it rejected my Australian one!
- Alternative top up methods: 7-Eleven (cash only - I tried paying by card!), AXS machines, as a charge to your Singtel bill
- Side bonus: Get a "virtual Visa Card" issued as part of your Singtel Dash account, providing you with anonymity and "masking" your real Credit Card number when making online transactions.
- This is the aspect similar to DiviPay, but unlike DiviPay, you can't just make new virtual cards at will.
- This "virtual card" is also the card number you have to enter as your payment method at some merchants to get cashback, or take advantage of a deal - the instructions will be stipulated in the respective "deals" section of each deal
- Transfer money to other Singtel Dash users via the app
- Why would you pay with Dash and not straight with card or cash? If the place accepts card without surcharge and there's no benefit paying through Dash, then there really is no reason to pay through Dash. However, it would be handy for a merchant that is cash only but accepts Dash. It's an indirect way for you to pay by card at a merchant that ordinarily only accepts cash - i.e. a way for you to earn points on a transaction that would otherwise not earn you points!
How to get the $5 Singtel Dash Credit
- Top Up Account using either a Singaporean bank account, or Singaporean-issued Credit Card (as above, my non-Singaporean credit card was rejected!)
- I recommend you top up with just enough for whatever the value of your transaction is so you don't have excess cash sitting in your Singtel Dash account
- Make a payment - tell the cashier that you wish to pay with "Singtel Dash"
- They will have to initiate the transaction on their end, which will then appear on your screen to confirm
- Complete the payment - and the payment should go through fine, assuming you have enough money in your Singtel Dash wallet.
- From my personal experience, the $5 should appear available to you in your Singtel Dash account the following day (let's say within 24 hours)
- This $5 can now be used for future transactions using Singtel Dash!
Creative, Useful Way of Using Singtel Dash
Have you got a Credit Card that has a minimum spend requirement, either to activate a perk or for bonus points of some sort? You could actually just top up your Singtel Dash account with excess credit to meet this spend amount. Just make sure you use it up!
That concludes my first Singapore deal post.
Have you got any experiences with using Singtel Dash, or have any other tips to share? Please feel free to comment below.
Side comment: The term "lobang", used in Singapore to describe a deal, is derived from the Malay word "lubang", which means "hole". How the "u" become an "o" as in "lobang" is anyone's guess though..